Album Art

Site Suggestions? Problems with the board? Can't log in? Post here.

Album Art

Postby Allyn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Alright, might as well say my hello helloes and all the like in here. I'm new, been visiting the site for a few months though. Submitted the lyrics to The Six Parts Seven song with Isaac Brock (if you care).

In general this really is a great site - it's an ace design, got a good user base using it, and has very little competition for views (especially as it's by far the best I've seen). But the one thing I would like to see is: High res album art images. I use a skinned copy of foobar2000 which lets me view the album art of the track I've selected/am listening to, and I have the album art sector set to around 100x100 - but want to expand it to flaunt the album art, at around 800x800. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find hi res copies of these (I could even help you if you want), and you could make them clickable on the album's page (ie you click on the thumbnail image and it takes you to the full size one).

Cheers. :]
Allyn

Postby Gregg » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 am

I'm keen on this idea, although maybe not as high as 800x800. I'd also like to use it to add more than just the cover art, although I've found it a bitch to find stuff that isn't a common release and that's the stuff people will be looking for.

At the moment I'm trying to get the following done as well, just take in account that a) I've been busy and not had much time to work on it and b) I'm pretty lazy...

- Set list search
- Timeline section
- A new section for studio sessions

If anyone has high res scans, especially of the more obscure stuff (back and insides preferably), please send to media@interstate-8.com and I'll try work on something.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby Allyn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:25 pm

Hehe, it's cool. No big rush to do it. I have some high quality scene scans of the Float On CD Single (about 1400x1400 of the front and covers back + the CD) that you can easily resize to whatever you think is necessary. I'll zip them up and mail them on.
Allyn

Postby Gregg » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:19 am

Ok, I added in this image thingamajig feature to the release section.

Eg: http://www.interstate-8.com/releases.asp?release_id=26

Someone needs to send me scans, I don't have access to a scanner. The more obscure the better, vinyl and singles preferably.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby highFrequencies » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:10 am

[bump]

i've uploaded a ton of covers and stuff here, the 600x600 ones are from iTunes
http://picasaweb.google.com/invincibled ... ouseCovers
highFrequencies

Return to Suggestions & Technical Assistance