Wildfire

General off-topic socialization, lunacy and mayhem.

Wildfire

Postby Ash Hol » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 am

So....there is a big wildfire right outside of my town. Kinda crazy. Half of the sky is kinda brown. This morning, I went to my car and had to brush ash off my car seat. But this thing is pretty damn bad. Its burned over 14000 acres so far. It is 0% contained. there are 4 helicopters, 4 airtankers (that were called in from canada) and 250 firefighters on this thing and it just wont die. Yesterday afternoon it was only 200 acres.
The quotes from the people heading the containment operation said today "There is no hope containing this...Mother nature is driving this, we can only just get people out of the way."

Here is a news story on it: http://www.coloradoan.com/viewart/20120 ... -Park-Fire

Its pretty cool, but of course, not for the people that have been affected so far.
I was going to swim in the river today but it has too much ash in it. Everyone here is advised to not do any outdoor activities because the smoke will kill your lungs. The town over (Where I used to live) is ingulfed in smoke. So much so it looks like a thick orange fog, and they are about 25 miles from the fire.

And all of this was probably started by a person. It started at 6am yesterday. Shameful
Ash Hol

Re: Wildfire

Postby Ash Hol » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 am

well its now over 20000 acres. They asked for assistance from the military. It's hard for me to breathe in town...Friends mom's house is probably gonna burn down...oh geez
Ash Hol

Postby Dying Lobster » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Sorry to hear this man

There was a pretty bad fire over where I live a couple months ago (LI, New York. Suffolk County). Thankfully it never reached my town but it was a couple over.

Hope you and your close ones stay all right
Dying Lobster

Postby Ash Hol » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 am

Thanks. The spread has slowed down but it is 41000 acres now. It seems to be getting closer to town. about 100 stuctures were damaged or destroyed. tomorrow has a...minor chance for rain. we will see
Ash Hol

Return to Everything Else