I exist!

General off-topic socialization, lunacy and mayhem.

I exist!

Postby sunspots » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:41 pm

You bet I do, and I am introducing myself, as well as a thread for people to post their intros, although I doubt too many people ever feel inclined to. I am a digital modest mouse fan, meaning that I don't have any of their music in a form other than the songs I bought on iTunes. It's not a self-decided thing, it's that I live miles away from any record store that sells modest mouse, and my parents don't like me buying things online all too much (I'm lucky to have even an iTunes). I have just about all of their music, listen to it every day, yadda dadda dadda. I came to this forum in search of rare tracks and other people who like Modest mouse, because as far as that goes, I only have one who listened to Float On and thought it was "Pretty good". Ugh. etc.
ohno I donunderstan
sunspots

Re: I exist!

Postby Dani » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 pm

sunspots wrote:You bet I do, and I am introducing myself, as well as a thread for people to post their intros, although I doubt too many people ever feel inclined to. I am a digital modest mouse fan, meaning that I don't have any of their music in a form other than the songs I bought on iTunes. It's not a self-decided thing, it's that I live miles away from any record store that sells modest mouse, and my parents don't like me buying things online all too much (I'm lucky to have even an iTunes). I have just about all of their music, listen to it every day, yadda dadda dadda. I came to this forum in search of rare tracks and other people who like Modest mouse, because as far as that goes, I only have one who listened to Float On and thought it was "Pretty good". Ugh. etc.

well then, welcome here :mrgreen: you found the right place!
Daydreaming Disaster
Dani

Postby Chief Tragedy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:15 pm

sunspots wrote:You bet I do, and I am introducing myself, as well as a thread for people to post their intros, although I doubt too many people ever feel inclined to. I am a digital modest mouse fan, meaning that I don't have any of their music in a form other than the songs I bought on iTunes. It's not a self-decided thing, it's that I live miles away from any record store that sells modest mouse, and my parents don't like me buying things online all too much (I'm lucky to have even an iTunes). I have just about all of their music, listen to it every day, yadda dadda dadda. I came to this forum in search of rare tracks and other people who like Modest mouse, because as far as that goes, I only have one who listened to Float On and thought it was "Pretty good". Ugh. etc.

Rare Modest Mouse Stuff :mrgreen:

tell your parents to take the stick out of their asses. lol
Go reckless unharmed,
Yep, the shut-ins they're well armed!
Well we all led the charge,
`Til we ran aground in our party barge.

And every little gift was just one more part of their grift,
Oh yeah we know it!

[Night On The Sun // NOTS Facebook]
Chief Tragedy

Postby sunspots » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Awesome!
Has anyone ever made a compilation album of all the good rare Modest Mouse songs? I think "Tasty but Worthless" would be a good name for one.
ohno I donunderstan
sunspots

Postby AEIOU(y) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 am

I am too, I only have shit on itunes and on my ipod. but all im asking for for christmas is every modest mouse release on cd. in a case. with the booklet. just for the little booklets. :D
I want them to re-record all thier amazing old unreleased songs (not change them, just re-record them. i know that if they were re-recorded, they would be changed and it will never be the same and blahh, but it would still be fucking amazing) re-record them and put them all on a giant EP and name it something great. i would buy 10 copies if they did that. just like a tribute to thier past.
yes.
am i really all the things that are outside of me?
AEIOU(y)

Postby AEIOU(y) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:29 am

"tasty but worthless" WOULD be an awesome name.
AEIOU(y)

Postby Chief Tragedy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 am

Or you could just buy the original CD's. I don't think they would sound great rerecorded, especially the vocals. Isaac's voice has changed a lot.

Buy pretty much all of their CD's on Glacial Paces store: http://glacialpace.myshopify.com/collections/music
Go reckless unharmed,
Yep, the shut-ins they're well armed!
Well we all led the charge,
`Til we ran aground in our party barge.

And every little gift was just one more part of their grift,
Oh yeah we know it!

[Night On The Sun // NOTS Facebook]
Chief Tragedy

Postby AEIOU(y) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:55 am

Chief Tragedy wrote:Or you could just buy the original CD's. I don't think they would sound great rerecorded, especially the vocals. Isaac's voice has changed a lot.

Buy pretty much all of their CD's on Glacial Paces store: http://glacialpace.myshopify.com/collections/music

i know, i know. but dont you think that would be really cool? you could still have all the original shit though! i dont know, i think that would be fucking awesome.
AEIOU(y)

Postby sunspots » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 pm

I also wanted to do that, but honestly, the playlist of even the best ones I found, in an order that made sense to me, it just didn't work. You can feel free to, though, and use these resources if you don't mind low quality MP3's, but otherwise you can probably buy some old crap off ebay.
ohno I donunderstan
sunspots

Postby sunspots » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:43 pm

ohno I donunderstan
sunspots

Return to Everything Else