hello out there

General off-topic socialization, lunacy and mayhem.

hello out there

Postby iamnotacat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am

thought i'd say hi and do a quick intro. i'm a college student from upstate ny who loves modest mouse (obviously). they're my favorite band and i've been a fan since i was about 13. took a 6 hr amtrak ride down to NYC for the show on friday... may or may not have cried on the 6hr train ride back home the next day. until the crazy storm hit it was total bliss though. that was my first time seeing them, and hearing isaac live, in person, was absolutelyfuckingincredible. hopefully the weather will cooperate next time.
iamnotacat

Re: hello out there

Postby fishmakingsounds » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 am

iamnotacat wrote:thought i'd say hi and do a quick intro. i'm a college student from upstate ny who loves modest mouse (obviously). they're my favorite band and i've been a fan since i was about 13. took a 6 hr amtrak ride down to NYC for the show on friday... may or may not have cried on the 6hr train ride back home the next day. until the crazy storm hit it was total bliss though. that was my first time seeing them, and hearing isaac live, in person, was absolutelyfuckingincredible. hopefully the weather will cooperate next time.

I'm so glad I didn't end up investing in that show. I'm also ~6 hours away. I'm sure how far it is exactly. Do you live near Buffalo? Also, welcome to the board.
fishmakingsounds

Postby iamnotacat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 am

i'm about 3 hrs away in syracuse. thanks for the welcome
iamnotacat

Postby divegator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah, the NYC fiasco was pretty devastating. I flew up from Florida for the show (among other things) :(

Oh, welcome by the way.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Return to Everything Else