upcoming albums?

General off-topic socialization, lunacy and mayhem.

Re:

Postby President of Antarctica » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:39 pm

starsareprojectors wrote:There was a Pitchfork story couple weeks back that had Frank Black saying he'd cancelled plans to record any new Pixies material, at least for now. Apparently it just wasnt working. :( Too bad. Theyre like a bar band covering their own songs now. Oh well.

http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/24809

The article above says otherwise
President of Antarctica

Postby Ed is Dead » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:58 pm

I'm as big a Pixies fan as they get.......and if the album happens I'm all for it....if it never comes to fruition.......that's all right, we've got five great years of music from them, and that's more than enough.

Other Tunesmiths I'll be Thrusting into My Emotionless Ears:

Swan Lake
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Mouse
The Shins

and of course..........Of Montreal's new tripped out album...

check out the new track....

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/media/prc-124-04.MP3

But there'll probably be more......there always is....

-Ed
Ed is Dead

Re:

Postby Allyn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 pm

Ed is Dead wrote:I'm as big a Pixies fan as they get.......and if the album happens I'm all for it....if it never comes to fruition.......that's all right, we've got five great years of music from them, and that's more than enough.

Other Tunesmiths I'll be Thrusting into My Emotionless Ears:

Swan Lake
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Mouse
The Shins

and of course..........Of Montreal's new tripped out album...

check out the new track....

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/media/prc-124-04.MP3

But there'll probably be more......there always is....

-Ed

Couldn't stand Of Montreal's new album. The Shins' one is alright, though. (Both have leaked.)

For me it's Explosions in the Sky - All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone. Hoping for some new Sigur Rós/GY!BE material soon, too. Maybe some new Sufjan Stevens stuff too if he plans on releasing a new proper album next year (not as if the Christmas compilation actually counted as an album, and it's been 2 years since the Illinois/Avalanche stuff was written).
Allyn

Re:

Postby liftyrfists » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:56 am

Allyn wrote:Hoping for some new GY!BE material soon

i wouldnt hold my breath, man. although ASMZ are planning another album, hopefully that will be out next year.
liftyrfists

Postby Allyn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:13 am

Yeah, to be honest I know next to nothing about the band themselves so I have no idea whether they're taking a break or not making anything new.

Also, on a bit of an offchance but I've had this incling for a while. Does the following mean anything to you? Other than the obvious Modest Mouse-ness. If you do, you'll know.

Modest Mouse & 764-Hero - Whenever You See Fit [1998/MP3/V0 (VBR)]
Allyn

Postby liftyrfists » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:00 am

lol, thats me
liftyrfists

Re: upcoming albums?

Postby Ash Hol » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 pm

So wolf parade is almost done making their next album. It maybe a huge full length Lp, double Lp, or Lp + extended Ep. Its called Expo 86. There will put on all 15 tracks they recorded because they feel not one of them are duds. Good stuff. No release date set or anything but you can expect soon since they wanted this to be a fast album. They feel its a mix of At mount zoomer and apologies. Word
Ash Hol

Previous

Return to Everything Else