Got Strangers at the ritz!

Modest Mouse related discussion.

Got Strangers at the ritz!

Postby calculusman1084 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 pm

So I saw the Mouse in Raleigh Friday night, and was extremely surprised when Isaac said there were copies of the album for sale. I just about shit bricks. So I got the cd and LP, and for the entire 3 hour drive home just about died. Not gonna ruin for anyone by posting a review yet, and I'm definitely not posting the album, but good god.!!!!!:) Well worth the wait! LCW had been my favorite until this one. So glad a band I've followed for 17 years are still keeping me surprised and happy. Some people, im sure will argue, but I flat out love it! If anyone else had listened to it, post your thoughts.
calculusman1084

Re: Got Strangers at the ritz!

Postby MajinTrunkz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:17 am

Yeah, they were selling it at the show in Charleston too. I already preordered the vinyl, but I did pick up a copy of the CD. Admittedly, I had already downloaded the leak, but it's nice to have the actual album finally!
MajinTrunkz

Postby Aaron27504 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:31 am

I was there at the ritz too. I'm the guy that got Isaacs pick! My first MM show, greatest night! They sold out of new album before I could get one though. Oh well, thank you iTunes.
Aaron27504

Postby jornor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Hahaha magical moment indeed - his quote - "It's like I'm a store, I'm feelin' a lil' self-destructive tonight so anyone who has bought the new album already go get 5 dollars from the merch table refund and anyone who hasn't go buy it and you'll get 5 dollars. Fuck it. (Plays next song)"

Classic Isaac Brock, classic Modest Mouse.

But seriously this show ruled, and I left my cash in the car and after the show went to grab it to buy a poster or the CD (since I already pre-ordered the vinyl) and they wouldn't let me in because of no re-entry.... If anyone is going to the NY show tonight or tomorrow and can snag me a poster I'll paypal you extra, jornor5@yahoo.com is my e-mail. That Raleigh poster was too sick, for $20, and you could buy 3 posters for $40, all of the different cities were available at The Ritz besides NY I think because those shows are tonight and tomorrow obviously. Please help a brother out!!
jornor

Return to General Discussion