Some new info regarding Modest Mouse represses

Modest Mouse related discussion.

Some new info regarding Modest Mouse represses

Postby Idioteque » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:11 am

Modest Mouse has officially secured rights to “This is A Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About”, “The Lonesome Crowded West” and “Building Nothing Out of Something”, and they are listed as “© (year) Glacial Pace” on Google Play. What’s even cooler about this is that Modest Mouse has started selling repressed copies of “The Lonesome Crowded West” on CD while on tour. The version they carry is packaged in a gatefold sleeve, much like the 2010 represses of “The Fruit That Ate Itself” and “Sad Sappy Sucker.” Isaac Brock also explained to me that he was “about to repress the fuck out of them” and that it would no longer be hard to find any of them for sale. It’s very likely that we’ll see represses of these three albums on CD and vinyl very soon! I can’t say anything about a repress for “Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks” since it’s on Epic, but hopefully everything gets repressed!
Idioteque

Re: Some new info regarding Modest Mouse represses

Postby MajinTrunkz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks for the update on that stuff! I still have yet to get the repress versions of Fruit and SSS, which I've been meaning to do, and I'm sure I'll wind up getting new copies of the other albums as well. I'd especially like to get my hands on that LCW repress since my old CD tends to skip.
MajinTrunkz

Postby Idioteque » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:58 am

The new LCW CD, the Glacial Pace logo is in the bottom-right. Here's a link to a discogs page I made:
http://www.discogs.com/Modest-Mouse-The ... se/5970057
Idioteque

Postby ModestJF » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to snag those vinyls. Thanks for the info.
ModestJF

Postby DirtyFingernails » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Cool news - definitely want to snag LCW and LD. I have all the Up and K originals but would still get the repress for most of them. I could play the new ones without feeling like I have to run them through the spin wash every play, lol!

Wonder if any re-engineering was done to them?
DirtyFingernails

Postby comeback kid » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:41 am

Anyone else considering crying when these finally get re-released?? ;)
comeback kid

Postby DirtyFingernails » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:45 pm

comeback kid wrote:Anyone else considering crying when these finally get re-released?? ;)

Crying out of happiness for the re-release or crying for the $$ spent on gathering the originals?
I think the originals will always hold value for collectors. First, they have the Up label. Second, LCW was engineered by the master, Phil Ek (Teeth Like Gods Shoeshine, Cowboy Dan) and will always return big bucks for those reasons alone.
DirtyFingernails

Return to General Discussion