Modest Mouse & Brand New

Find tickets, rides, setlists, reviews, etc.

Re: Modest Mouse & Brand New

Postby jrose » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Saw them last night at MSG. This is the 4th time I've seen them live and I am so so disappointed. First off, ticket prices were insane. Would have been like $60, but all those scams, so after buying them on stub hub I spent a ton. Also, 90% of the fans were there for Brand New. Thank god Mm played first, or there would have only been like 500 people left. In the section I sat in, there were only 5 other people who even stood. Everyone else was on their phones. I can't imagine how the band felt. Just so dissapointing. Anyone else there last night? It just doesn't make sense for them to tour with a band like band new, especially on the east coast. Smh. Need to see them again, but just them. Those concerts were awesome.
jrose

Postby Leanne » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:04 am

So I will be at Thursday nights show. I'm looking at twitter right now and MM is onstage and somebody tweeted "Thank you we're modest mouse! You get it for an hour. I have to live with it!" and I read on Reddit that the second band plays for an hour and a half. So Thursday night, I'm assuming MM will be the second band and they will play for an hour and a half? (I hope). I assume Brand New will play for an hour.
Leanne

Postby razors99 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:38 am

Wen to the Ascend Amphitheater show in Nashville, glad I stayed for Brand New; they were kinda generic, but they could really wail. Modest Mouse was way better, even if their set list wasn't fantastic.
razors99

Postby Leanne » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:15 am

The show tonight was great with a fantastic setlist. There was technical problems and also Isaac has a ruptured eardrum and they pulled through all of that.

Setlist:

World at Large
What people are made of'
Ocean Breathes Salty
Lampshades
Tiny Cities (extended jam)
Shit in your cut
Horn Intro/Devils Workday
King Rat
Float On
Trailer Trash (I swear I heard a The Tortoise and the Tourist tease at the end)
Whale Song
Fire it Up
Dashboard
Of course we know
The View
Styrofoam Boots (with Isaac only)

Encore

This is where it gets interesting. The band comes out and they start playing Styrofoam Boots only (they didn't play 'It's all nice on Ice') and then goes into Cowboy Dan and then goes into 3rd Planet and back to Cowboy Dan and then into Satellite Skin and the last song was Good Times are killing me.

I got some pics and video, I'm going to go thru all that tomorrow. It's 1:15am, I'm gonna try and get some sleep.
Leanne

Postby greyiceywater » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 am

I was at the Tulsa show too. I was actually a little let down by the set. Felt it leaned too heavily on the new stuff and singles. I like the new stuff, but I've also seen them in concert four times so I was hoping they would bust out something like "A Different City", "Night on the Sun" or "Never Ending Math Equation" instead of yet another Good News track. "What People Are Made Of" and "Styrofoam Boots" were the standouts for me though the Cowboy Dan/3rd Planet mashup was neat.
greyiceywater

Postby Leanne » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:42 pm

greyiceywater wrote:I was at the Tulsa show too. I was actually a little let down by the set. Felt it leaned too heavily on the new stuff and singles. I like the new stuff, but I've also seen them in concert four times so I was hoping they would bust out something like "A Different City", "Night on the Sun" or "Never Ending Math Equation" instead of yet another Good News track. "What People Are Made Of" and "Styrofoam Boots" were the standouts for me though the Cowboy Dan/3rd Planet mashup was neat.

Do you live in the Tulsa area? I went alone and I didn't have the best seat, I was in section 120 back row on the end towards the stage, it was kinda difficult taking pics and video but I did it anyway. I got some of the Cowboy Dan mash up on video. I moved seats during Brand New but I was sitting too far back so I went back to my original seat.
Leanne

Postby razors99 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:42 am

Ah, man, really wish I saw the Tulsa set instead of the Nashville one, although it was pretty good (badass extended Trailer Trash w/ Perpetual Motion Machine tease, and a guitar solo w/ Isaac's teeth, and yes, they played Neverending Math Equation), really wanted to hear the World at Large/Little Motel, Whale Song/Tortoise, Night on the Sun, and the Good Times. I guess you can't make everybody happy ;)
razors99

Postby Leanne » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Yeah there's a video on youtube (and Reddit board) of him screaming/singing into his guitar pickups from that show.
Leanne

Previous

Return to Touring