Modest Mouse & Brand New

Find tickets, rides, setlists, reviews, etc.

Modest Mouse & Brand New

Postby schuno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Why in the world are they touring with Brand New?? idk about every one else on here, but I think they are awful

I remember them playing a show together last tour also, are they all buddies or something? Very disappointed... :(
schuno

Re: Modest Mouse & Brand New

Postby Dying Lobster » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Not a fan of Brand New either, but they are very popular (and the band is a fan of Modest Mouse from my understanding). Hoping I can get tickets to the MSG show (starting to question what the point of presale tickets are...) and skip out after MM's set and not kill any Brand New fan's vibes.
Dying Lobster

Postby scierli » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Anyone know presale passwords... For Merriweather it says a presale starts today at 10am.
scierli

Postby Drinkingalealoneinaz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:00 pm

I am not a fan of Brand New either. And I heartily fu#$ing about presales. I couldn't get a ticket for the Phx show or the Red Rocks or the Chula Vista show. Crazy. I just want to see MM...couldn't care less about Brand New.
Drinkingalealoneinaz

Postby Cubanwhip » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 am

I only like a handful of songs by Brand New and they're all of The God and Devil, which, from what I know, was the first album that Jesse Lacey drew heavy inspiration from Isaac and Modest Mouse. I even heard him in an interview say that the only band he would ever open up for is Modest Mouse, so Jesse is a pretty big fan. I managed to grab two tickets to the Miami show. so I'm super stoked to see them again!
And so the sun it rises in the east, setting your thoughts to rest in the west.
And you look and you look but you're blind in one eye with chocolate smiles to swallow your pride.
Cubanwhip

Postby Leanne » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

I plan on buying a ticket to the Tulsa show tomorrow morning. Didn't get in on the pre-sale.
Leanne

Postby Drinkingalealoneinaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Got 2 tickets for Red Rocks and 2 tickets for Chula Vista (San Diego). Both shows have Modest Mouse playing first so I can get out of dodge with less traffic :-)
Drinkingalealoneinaz

Postby scierli » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:54 pm

I got 3 Tix to Merriweather (MD). I was hoping they would play first. I don't even know Brand New, I guess I need to check them out.
scierli

Postby Drinkingalealoneinaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:53 pm

To be fair, I downloaded "Daisy" yesterday and Brand New is not that bad. I will listen to their albums the next few weeks via Spotify and we shall see. They are not terrible at least..maybe it will grow on me. I am more concerned about their fanbase...drunk wannabe punk rockers running into me and puking...
Drinkingalealoneinaz

Postby scierli » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Funny... I have been going to shows 30+ years. Last year the wife and I traveled to Steel Stacks to see MM. Great time. When they came to Echo Stage I went with the wife and 2 of my daughters (14 & 16 - weight about 100 lbs each). We were about a third of the way back and things started getting a little aggressive. We had to escape to the back. I used to love that when I was younger, but honestly haven't seen that stuff at a show in a long time. Because of that and Brand New I made sure I got seats... I'm not going to try and brave the pit in front.
scierli

Postby jplan74 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Dying Lobster wrote:Not a fan of Brand New either, but they are very popular (and the band is a fan of Modest Mouse from my understanding). Hoping I can get tickets to the MSG show (starting to question what the point of presale tickets are...) and skip out after MM's set and not kill any Brand New fan's vibes.

haha my plan exactly!
jplan74

Postby Dying Lobster » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:42 pm

Not sure if this was a result of that Ticketmaster scalping BS or not (based on how quickly the tickets sold... like within 3 minutes and how many were immediately on stubhub...), but couldn't get tickets to the NYC show (other than some far-out, bad price seats) so guess I'll be skipping that unless I find some resellers that aren't charging %100+ of the cost.

I saw one of the venues, Pittsburgh maybe, is already trying to reclaim those tickets.
Dying Lobster

Postby howforgiving » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:22 pm

I just bought tickets this week for 3 of the shows and only one (Berkeley) was through a third party seller.
howforgiving

Postby innocentbystander » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Yo Devil & God is fucking fantastic.
innocentbystander

Postby Somethingsnide » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:20 am

Does anyone know who plays when? Is Modest Mouse headlining, or is Brand New headlining? Going to Miami and then Tampa the following night, and I have absolutely no desire to see one minute of Brand New's set. Thanks for any help on this
Somethingsnide

Next

Return to Touring