Buffalo, 9/12/15

Find tickets, rides, setlists, reviews, etc.

Buffalo, 9/12/15

Postby LongDriveInAcar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Just got tickets to see them for the third time in a year in a half! Crazy!
LongDriveInAcar

Re: Buffalo, 9/12/15

Postby LazyCardigan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:52 pm

I just find it crazy enough that within the span of roughly 6 months, they're coming back to Buffalo. I figured the band would never come here at all, and was happy enough to catch them in Rochester twice.
Spiraling downward since about 1995...
LazyCardigan

Postby LongDriveInAcar » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Wait you went to one of their Rochester shows back in the day? Did you go to the one at the Bug Jar?!?! Holy shit that would be insane. That venue holds less than 200 people. I've seen them in Boston, and Ithaca. I'm hoping for a Rochester date as well, so i can try to see em twice in a weekend.
LongDriveInAcar

Postby LazyCardigan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Haha...sadly, not one of the shows from back in the day. Just checking through the tour history a few months ago, I saw they did play the Bug Jar. Off the top of my head, I can't remember what period that was (assuming LCW, not Long Drive era).

I saw them in 2007 and 2008, respectively. The first time, I made the mistake of getting a bit drunk before the show with my brother and his friends. What I remember is my brother playing Paper Thin Walls on the jukebox at the bar, and him thinking out loud "It would be cool if they opened the show with this". Lo and behold, check the tour history lol (although as an aside, I swear the band ended the regular set with The View, but we're talking 8 years ago with an inebriated memory). The second time, I was happy as hell to see Truckers Atlas and Teeth Like God's Shoeshine live...with the first performance of The Whale Song! My brother would've considered it a perfect show if they played Bankrupt On Selling, but honestly, beggars can't be choosers.

In April, I thought it was one of the best shows I've seen in a while. I hoped for Pups To Dust, and just kept smiling next to my friend through the whole song. Unfortunately, I left during the encore, but it was a blast no matter what. I have no idea what to expect from a "festival" date (not a huge fan of outdoor concerts), but here's to hoping.
LazyCardigan

Postby LongDriveInAcar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:10 am

Yeah, that's great! I saw them for the first time last year at Boston Calling Festival, it was a great show. They played just as many songs as they normally do, but obviously the crowd wasnt all that great. That's sweet you saw Teeth Like God's Shoeshine live! That is definitely on my fantasy set. I was lucky enough in April to see Sleepwalkin' live for the first time in 15 years! It was incredible. As well as the first live performance of Strangers to Ourselves.

I agree with your brother about Bankrupt on Selling as well; that is my favorite song of all time.
LongDriveInAcar

Postby LazyCardigan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Well...for only being on for just over an hour, that was an interesting experience. The day was absolutely abysmal (downpour, downpour). Funny enough, once their set ended, it looked like a mass exodus of people leaving, even though all I saw were people buying merchandise for Coheed & Cambria or Rise Against.

As for the setlist, the first 2 songs are crystal clear, the middle is going off of pure memory, and the end is spot on...

Missed The Boat
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes (with the outro from the album)
Lampshades On Fire
The Ground Walks, With Time In A Box
Wicked Campaign
Black Cadillacs
D@shboard
King Rat
The Tortoise And The Tourist
Float On
Dramamine (with Life Like Weeds tease)
The View
Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice On Ice, Alright
LazyCardigan

Postby LongDriveInAcar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 am

It was a pretty good time. Definitely worth going. Styrofoam Boots was insane though.
LongDriveInAcar

Return to Touring