Couple quick thoughts

Find tickets, rides, setlists, reviews, etc.

Couple quick thoughts

Postby scierli » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Is any one else super impressed with the mass variety of songs being played night to night? All Night Diner and Guilty Cocker Spaniels on the 12th... They also played all 3 of my favorites that night: Trailer Trash, Dramamine and Ocean Breathes Salty. I am going to see them at Steelstacks on the 20th... I really don't know what songs to expect (except 7 or 8 new ones which I am super ok with - love the new album).

Also, is anyone opening up this tour? Do they go on alone, or just pick up some local band at each venue?
scierli

Re: Couple quick thoughts

Postby schuno » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:05 pm

I always assume it is Mimicking Birds opening, but I haven't been to a show since the Webster in NYC earlier this year.
schuno

Postby alcan_argus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:49 am

Yep; it's fun just to see what they'll play even if I'm not at the show. Every time I've seen them I've heard something new or unexpected. I was talking with Jimmy after a recent performance and apparently he mostly designs the setlists.

I'm not sure who's opening for them now but you should hope it's Mimicking Birds. They were stellar at Webster Hall. In Ithaca there was some other 3 person band from Detroit that I can't even remember.

Hope you like Steelstacks; I've only ever been to the other indoor theaters of Sands. If you're making a day trip of it, the Martin guitar factory isn't far from Bethlehem and its free admission. There are a couple of breweries in the area as well.
alcan_argus

Postby antemasque » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:45 am

scierli wrote:Is any one else super impressed with the mass variety of songs being played night to night? All Night Diner and Guilty Cocker Spaniels on the 12th... They also played all 3 of my favorites that night: Trailer Trash, Dramamine and Ocean Breathes Salty. I am going to see them at Steelstacks on the 20th... I really don't know what songs to expect (except 7 or 8 new ones which I am super ok with - love the new album).

Also, is anyone opening up this tour? Do they go on alone, or just pick up some local band at each venue?

idk the actual setlist but that one with all night diner is fake. They have been playing NOTS and grey ice water though!!
antemasque

Postby scierli » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks...

So I guess that mean no shot at All Night Diner? Also, I checked Mimicking Birds schedule... Doesn't look like it. I might just go see them on their own when they come to DC in September.

By the way, not that jazzed about Grey Ice Water... I love almost every MM song, but that one doesn't do much for me. What do I know? One Chance is onve of my faves off Good News and that was voted last in the poll :D
scierli

Postby antemasque » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 pm

scierli wrote:Thanks...

So I guess that mean no shot at All Night Diner? Also, I checked Mimicking Birds schedule... Doesn't look like it. I might just go see them on their own when they come to DC in September.

By the way, not that jazzed about Grey Ice Water... I love almost every MM song, but that one doesn't do much for me. What do I know? One Chance is onve of my faves off Good News and that was voted last in the poll :D

Still be excited! Theyve been throwing in random old songs at almost every show. I saw styrofoam boots was played And also talking shit. I hope they bring back TLGS.
antemasque

Postby horriblezone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:27 pm

i for one am so pumped theyve been doing grey ice water, its one of my favorites off of BNOOS. that and interstate 8, which theyve been playing fairly frequently but i still havent seen them do in the 6 times ive seen them. maybe the 7th times the charm
horriblezone

Return to Touring