The Ritz 3/13/15

Find tickets, rides, setlists, reviews, etc.

The Ritz 3/13/15

Postby calculusman1084 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:52 am

So, just got my ticket and am beyond excited. anyone else making this show?
calculusman1084

Re: The Ritz 3/13/15

Postby Kdonlon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I was at this show too. 22 song set-list was way more than I was anticipating.

Isaac was clearly drunk (and said as much) and had to restart Trailer Trash and Spitting Venom (2-3 times).

Overall, I have definitely seen better Modest shows as far as performance (and venue) and between some drunk moments, the reverb kicking off the microphone and other issues with the venue, I still loved it.

Dark Center of the Universe, Breakthrough, Ground Walks w/ Time in a Box and 3rd Planet were clear favorites of mine. I have probably seen them 15 times now and would throw this show somewhere in the bottom (though the setlist may lead people to think otherwise).

You like the show?
Kdonlon

Postby MajinTrunkz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 am

Kinda sucks to hear that the performance wasn't that great, especially with such a killer set list. But I guess with Isaac you can never really know what to expect.
MajinTrunkz

Postby jornor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Kdonlon wrote:I was at this show too. 22 song set-list was way more than I was anticipating.

Isaac was clearly drunk (and said as much) and had to restart Trailer Trash and Spitting Venom (2-3 times).

Overall, I have definitely seen better Modest shows as far as performance (and venue) and between some drunk moments, the reverb kicking off the microphone and other issues with the venue, I still loved it.

Dark Center of the Universe, Breakthrough, Ground Walks w/ Time in a Box and 3rd Planet were clear favorites of mine. I have probably seen them 15 times now and would throw this show somewhere in the bottom (though the setlist may lead people to think otherwise).

You like the show?

He had to restart Trailer Trash once. He never had to restart Spitting Venom, he was telling the crowd how he was explaining to the rest of the band that the chord progression/pattern for Spitting Venom is the same as Here's To Now (which was played earlier that night). So he was fucking around comparing the two songs.

I thought this show ruled. I left my cash in the car and couldn't get a goddamn poster =(

If anyone is going to the NY shows today or tomorrow or if anyone knows where I can get one of those Raleigh posters let me know, I know they're selling them tonight and tomorrow in New York... Please help a brother out. Live in Virginia, have paypal etc.

jornor5@yahoo.com

Shoot me an e-mail.
jornor

Postby Kdonlon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:51 pm

This is true, and to be fair, I have a blast at every MM show. At one point in the show when the fan threw a Seahawks hat on stage, the funny rant Isaac went on was great. And then like 15 more people threw hats on stage, it was a great moment.

After re-reading my post, it certainly sounds more negative than I intended, it was a great show that I would have paid double for. There were some odd moments (not all faulted to the band) and a few odd Isaac moments (didn't mention the strange riff mess-up on the solo on The View) that just kept the night interesting.

Contrarily, I saw them at Hangout last year, and The Fillmore in Charlotte (amongst many other MM shows in earlier years), where they just crushed every song and completely had the mind and soul of everyone in the room/(outdoors). The Ritz show was a little eratic, but incredible set-list, and to be fair to MM, all 15 of us left overwhelmed as always, it just was not the flawless almost god-like performance where we are all in a trance, consistently.
Kdonlon

Postby calculusman1084 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:43 am

I've seen the Mouse 5 times now, and this one was my fav. maybe cuz of Isaacs banter, or the fact that I finally got to stand right in front of his mic, or the set-list..... well a lot of things made it my fav. There were a few misses, but that's to be expected with a band that writes their set-list pretty much right before they go on. I can see where some might have been a little let down, but everything was just as it should be for me:) here's to hoping they come back asap!
calculusman1084

Postby Anonanimal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 pm

I thought the show was great. Aside from getting bit by some cranky hoe it was a lot of fun. I saw them at this venue back in 2009 and that show had a higher pulse of energy, but the set list was a variety of older songs from their catalogue. I'm hoping they come through NC again sooner than later.
Anonanimal

Postby tillson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:32 am

Anyone have a recording of this show?
tillson

Postby plasticforks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:49 am

jornor wrote:
Kdonlon wrote:I was at this show too. 22 song set-list was way more than I was anticipating.

You like the show?

He had to restart Trailer Trash once. He never had to restart Spitting Venom, he was telling the crowd how he was explaining to the rest of the band that the chord progression/pattern for Spitting Venom is the same as Here's To Now (which was played earlier that night). So he was fucking around comparing the two songs.

I thought this show ruled. I left my cash in the car and couldn't get a goddamn poster =(

If anyone is going to the NY shows today or tomorrow or if anyone knows where I can get one of those Raleigh posters let me know, I know they're selling them tonight and tomorrow in New York... Please help a brother out. Live in Virginia, have paypal etc.

jornor5@yahoo.com

Shoot me an e-mail.

Looks like some tour posters are available via the Glacial Place store: http://store.glacialpace.com/collections/all
plasticforks

Return to Touring