Mimicking Birds

Non Modest Mouse related news from Isaac's Glacial Pace label & general discussions on their artists.

Mimicking Birds

Postby alcan_argus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:02 am

I was fortunate enough to meet with Mimicking Birds during the NYC Webster Hall shows; those nights were an incredible experience and it was my first time hearing the Eons material live. According to Nate and Aaron, they helped Isaac build the ICP studio and will hopefully be recording a new album there later this year. If anyone out there hasn't given them a listen, you should definitely check out their music. Their metamorphosis from the first album is superb and they sound vastly different live as compared to 2009/10.

I've probably listened to MB more than any other band in the last few months and I think that Eons evokes some of the same genius found in the Moon & Antarctica. The lyricism is phenomenal and there is a massive amount of detail in the instrumentation throughout the album. Thematically, both deal with oppressive climates and feelings of absence / death; although Eons is somewhat less quirky and dark.

It's a shame that much of the crowd was talking / ignoring them during the NYC shows but hopefully the band got some more exposure and will make it big. The gap between MM albums didn't irk me as much knowing that at least Isaac was helping to produce these guys.
alcan_argus

Return to Glacial Pace