Stoic Savage LIVE at The Wild Salmon

Does Modest Mouse inspire you? Post your personal music links or other artworks here.

Stoic Savage LIVE at The Wild Salmon

Postby President of Antarctica » Tue May 20, 2014 3:07 pm

I recently did a set at a bar called The Wild Salmon in Lafayette LA. I think it came out pretty good, only issue was I really could not hear myself well through the monitors on stage so I held back vocally on a lot of the songs. For anyone who is interested(among my originals there is also a cover of The World At Large)....

https://soundcloud.com/stoicsavage/sets ... ild-salmon
President of Antarctica

Re: Stoic Savage LIVE at The Wild Salmon

Postby divegator » Sat May 24, 2014 2:48 am

I'm feeling it...you have a cool voice. I'll comment more on individual originals when I get around to listening a second time, but your MM cover was good :D

Only constructive criticism I can offer: it seemed as though you were compressing the melodies (especially noticeable on World at Large since I know the tune). I wasn't sure if you were doing that because you're unsure of your range, or if it's a stylistic choice to avoid higher notes. Your voice didn't sound like it was straining at any point, so I was wondering about that.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Re: Stoic Savage LIVE at The Wild Salmon

Postby President of Antarctica » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 pm

divegator wrote:I'm feeling it...you have a cool voice. I'll comment more on individual originals when I get around to listening a second time, but your MM cover was good :D

Only constructive criticism I can offer: it seemed as though you were compressing the melodies (especially noticeable on World at Large since I know the tune). I wasn't sure if you were doing that because you're unsure of your range, or if it's a stylistic choice to avoid higher notes. Your voice didn't sound like it was straining at any point, so I was wondering about that.

I was nervous as fuck! HAHA! :lol: I do have more of a range but I was playing it safe that night and I really shouldn't have. I'm not a gifted player or singer and as of late I don't have a real stage presence. I just enjoy playing live and hope to one day develop myself more, both in skill and showmanship. I also could not hear my guitar. My vocal in the monitors overpowered my guitar. The crowd heard both of them perfectly but since I couldn't hear my instrument I was basically singing as a reflex, hoping I was in tune with the playing. Excuses, excuses lol I was seriously nervous though, but its a lot of fun to play live. Hope I can do it with a band someday soon! Thanks for listening!
President of Antarctica

Return to Music & Art