We Are Augustine

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

We Are Augustine

Postby President of Antarctica » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:19 am

I heard this band on NPR a few hours ago. The guy has a very unique voice. I'm going to get this album, their first, called Rise Ye Sunken Ships. Check out this song off the record called Chapel Song http://youtu.be/LYXhAmlfNP0

Another great tune based on the singers brother The Book Of James http://youtu.be/WRSXfXr11yk
If you get a chance look up the story behind the album. Its pretty intense. The raw emotion in the music and the vocals are really matched by the events prior to these songs. Brilliant new band! Pela defunct.
President of Antarctica

Re: We Are Augustine

Postby gitCHuONe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Good post. Have you gotten this album yet? I think I am going to check it out. That is if I remember to remember. I'm terrible at remembering what I want to remember. :|
gitCHuONe

Re: We Are Augustine

Postby President of Antarctica » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't own an official album but I did meet them in NYC on the first night of their first tour for their first album as this band a few weeks ago. My 4 year relationship with my gf has recently ended, my musical goals seem to never bear fruit and I got fired from a job I never fuck up at so this record has helped a lot and I told the singer his lyrics seem to reflect a lot going on in my life and head. He handed me his setlist after the show and wrote 'Sing your life' on it. Lifted me up a good deal and I am holding on to that feeling. This music has conviction and honesty behind it and it shines through.
President of Antarctica

Return to Other Music