Man Man

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

Man Man

Postby turnyourgunsaround » Tue May 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm sure most of us here love them or have at least heard of them! Just got their new album, Life Fantastic, today and it's so good! Not quite sure if it can top Six Demon Bag, but still, it's amazing. Man Man get me dancing like no other :D
turnyourgunsaround

Re: Man Man

Postby divegator » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:29 am

Whoa, I literally came here to start a topic about Man Man, and here's one ready made! :lol:

I love them. I love Life Fantastic. It's probably my favorite of theirs lyrically, but Six Demon Bag...about as perfect an avant pop record as we'll ever get, methinks.

Modest Mouse is actually the reason I even found out about them. Yet another great thing I have Isaac to thank for.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby divegator » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:32 am

P.S. I'm incredibly stoked for the Mister Heavenly LP, speaking of which. (Nick from the Unicorns, Honus Honus, and Joe from the Mouse) Their first couple songs sound awesome. If you haven't heard the Unicorns, you need to check em out asap.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby turnyourgunsaround » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 am

yessssssss love them. i saw man man a couple weeks ago. TOO GOOD. go see them if you get the chance! and yeah i totally agree about thanking isaac haha. just him dropping some band names can really introduce me to some amazing bands.

oh my, i have had mister heavenly's songs stuck in my head all week it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh-B05QpXoE doesn't that little snippet of that song sound absolutely amazing? i want the whole thing! ahh! and the video is so perfectly made. i can tell that album's gonna be a real treat! :mrgreen:
turnyourgunsaround

Postby divegator » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 am

Get stoked.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby turnyourgunsaround » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 am

oh i LOVE that! :D yeeeeeeeah!
turnyourgunsaround

Postby divegator » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm

I just preordered the MH LP and apparently you get to stream the entire album when you do.

This album is freaking incredible. I understand a lot better now why Isaac asked Joe Plummer to be in the band. He is an unbelievable percussionist.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby President of Antarctica » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:51 am

I've been totally digging this album. Each song is a radiant good time of a surprise. They have chemistry together for sure. I'm kind of wondering if Mouse will be able to pull off something this fucking good....
President of Antarctica

Postby turnyourgunsaround » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:10 am

i am not totally feeling it as i thought i would, and i find myself loving life fantastic much more than it ... >.< but it's still early in my listenings, so we'll see what i think later on :)
turnyourgunsaround

Postby divegator » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 am

^That's weird, because I experienced the complete opposite. I loved the MH record immediately (still got love for the pop song), but Life Fantastic took a while to grow on me. I think it took me a while to adjust to the more nuanced, calm Man Man. I still kinda wish they had recorded some of the more aggressive songs in their old style (Haute Tropique, Dark Arts, etc.)
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby turnyourgunsaround » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 am

i like man man a lot for their weirdness, and i love that life fantastic is a stripped down version of that haha. i don't know... it's just extremely accessible and oozes catchiness. took me a couple listens to appreciate it as well but it's a record i hold on high regard at this point.

and i do like the mister heavenly record a bit more at this point. ...but it's still not touching life fantastic ;D haha. i'm just a picky bitch when it comes to music, though ;D
turnyourgunsaround

Return to Other Music