Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Postby Gregg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:00 pm

So, same as last time, we're getting less than a weeks warning for the new Radiohead. Coming out this Saturday: http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

As much as I love these guys, I don't follow them much when it comes to news and rumours. Has a track list been released? I know a lot of the In Rainbows songs were old ones that got vastly transformed before the final release. Or is it safe to say that this new album is all new material?

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it won't disappoint.
Gregg
Site Admin

Re: Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Postby Leanne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 am

I plan on getting this soon, I like 'Loftus Flower', hopefully this album is just as good as the others.
Leanne

Postby NovocainHurricane » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:49 am

It's a good album, I just wish that it was longer than 37 minutes.
Heavier than Moses.
NovocainHurricane

Postby Gregg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 am

I've given it a few good listens so far, and while it's not a bad album, it hasn't floored me like previous Radiohead releases, with the exception of the track Codex. To me it sounds more like a Thom Yorke solo album, especially the drums.

Any thoughts on the theory that this isn't the whole album that so many Radiohead fans seem to making?
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby divegator » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 pm

^Pretty much my thoughts. It's really interesting and pretty, but Kid A and OK Computer both had me teary-eyed/ecstatic after just one listen each.

As far as the conspiracy theories about more music coming...there might actually be some truth to them. I hate myself for buying in, but Radiohead rarely does anything by accident. They're famous for paying attention to minute details.

If you follow the whole tree metaphor, "Bloom" makes sense as an opener. Then "Separator" makes sense as the place where the "trunk" album ends and the "limb" EPs/singles begin. The lack of details about exactly what's included in the newspaper album (as in repeated, periodical releases?) has me very suspicious. There are a lot of clues pointing toward more music.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Return to Other Music