Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"

Postby The Cold Part » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:17 am

"The Suburbs" leaked and it's fantastic...
The Cold Part

Re: Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"

Postby Gregg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:23 am

Yup, it's all I've listened to since Friday and it gets better with every listen.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby mm_2108 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I've listened to about half of it and I was just left feeling meh. I need to sit down and fully listen I guess.
mm_2108

Postby MajinTrunkz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Still haven't listened to the last few songs or so, but from what I've heard it's a great album. I love "Rococo" and "Month of May." I'm seeing them in Atlanta on August 11, and I'm extremely excited...been wanting to see these guys for 4 or 5 years now, and from looking at recent set lists now is a great time to be seeing them.
MajinTrunkz

Postby The Cold Part » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:09 pm

gets better every listen.

did not have this high of expectations.
The Cold Part

Postby President of Antarctica » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:38 am

Varied and layered. I love the underlying eeriness in most of the songs. The kind of nostalgia these guys laid down for this record is damn-near dead-on with the actual feeling and it shines dimly through in these tunes. It is indeed growing on me more and more but I need to buy it so I can listen to it on my way to work and melt into this apparent masterpiece.
President of Antarctica

Postby fishmakingsounds » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:40 am

President of Antarctica wrote:Varied and layered. I love the underlying eeriness in most of the songs. The kind of nostalgia these guys laid down for this record is damn-near dead-on with the actual feeling and it shines dimly through in these tunes. It is indeed growing on me more and more but I need to buy it so I can listen to it on my way to work and melt into this apparent masterpiece.

If you are the guy with the Chuck Norris shirt, you look EXACTLY like my cousin's ex-boyfriend. I can send you a link to his facebook profile if you promise not to harass him.
fishmakingsounds

Postby Dying Lobster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 am

I picked this album up today and went into it having pretty much never listened to Arcade Fire...(who hasn't heard Wake Up?)

At first, it doesn't stand out much, but around my second play through, the songs started to jump out at me: Modern Man, Rococo, Spawl II, Deep Blue. After a couple more listens, the whole album just grew on me...definitely one of the best I've heard recently. Makes me more interested in picking up the previous 2 Arcade Fire albums.
Dying Lobster

Postby MajinTrunkz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 am

You definitely need to listen to Funeral. As good as The Suburbs is, Funeral blows it out of the water. It really is a perfect album, without any bad or even so-so songs. Neon Bible, on the other hand, isn't as perfect, and probably isn't even up to par with Suburbs. That being said, it's still really good and has some great songs, like "Antichrist Television Blues," "Keep the Car Running," and "No Cars Go" (though NCG is actually an older song redone for Neon Bible).
MajinTrunkz

Postby innocentbystander » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm

yeah I haven't listened to any of these yet. on another note, this is topic no. 666
innocentbystander

Postby MajinTrunkz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Arcade Fire's performance at Madison Square Garden tonight will be webcast live on their YouTube Vevo page: http://www.youtube.com/arcadefirevevo

Starts at 10 ET. Should be pretty awesome.
MajinTrunkz

Postby greyiceywater » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Bought the album yesterday. It is very good.
greyiceywater

Postby Dying Lobster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm

MajinTrunkz wrote:You definitely need to listen to Funeral. As good as The Suburbs is, Funeral blows it out of the water. It really is a perfect album, without any bad or even so-so songs. Neon Bible, on the other hand, isn't as perfect, and probably isn't even up to par with Suburbs. That being said, it's still really good and has some great songs, like "Antichrist Television Blues," "Keep the Car Running," and "No Cars Go" (though NCG is actually an older song redone for Neon Bible).

Based on your praise (and everywhere else I looked) of Funeral, I picked it up yesterday...and wow, definitely spot on description of it..I'll probably grab Neon Bible sometime soon, but right now I'm just listening to Funeral and Suburbs.
Dying Lobster

Postby Gregg » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 pm

MajinTrunkz wrote:Arcade Fire's performance at Madison Square Garden tonight will be webcast live on their YouTube Vevo page: http://www.youtube.com/arcadefirevevo

Starts at 10 ET. Should be pretty awesome.

That crowd sucked. It took 10 songs and Win climbing into the crowd for them to actually start moving. Otherwise a great performance. Hope these guys announce a larger tour soon, I haven't seen them since 2007.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby Slackerbitch » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 am

remember 2007 when this came out just before WWD, and now it's 3.5 years later (time flies), here's another arcade fire album, but no sign of a MM album. have a feeling that this will be the longest gap in between MM albums. don't think we'll see one until 2012 :(
Slackerbitch

Next

Return to Other Music