Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

Re: Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"

Postby greyiceywater » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 am

Slackerbitch wrote:remember 2007 when this came out just before WWD, and now it's 3.5 years later (time flies), here's another arcade fire album, but no sign of a MM album. have a feeling that this will be the longest gap in between MM albums. don't think we'll see one until 2012 :(

I'm sure there will be a new MM album next year. The Pitchfork interview seemed to indicate that they'll be working on material once the touring is done. They'vw even been working on it a little already. My guess it the record will be out next summer or early autumn.
greyiceywater

Postby Slackerbitch » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 pm

dunno, i got the impression from that interview that they had no real direction at this point and were just messing around. i don't want them to rush and put out just any shit. plus don't forget as with most recent modest mouse releases, it will get delayed a few months as well 8)
Slackerbitch

Postby MajinTrunkz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 am

Getting back to the topic of the Arcade Fire...

Saw them in Atlanta last night and was blown away. Probably the best show I've ever been to...seriously, if you ever get a chance to see AF, take it. You will not be disappointed.
MajinTrunkz

Postby divegator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:25 pm

MajinTrunkz wrote:Getting back to the topic of the Arcade Fire...

Saw them in Atlanta last night and was blown away. Probably the best show I've ever been to...seriously, if you ever get a chance to see AF, take it. You will not be disappointed.

It's funny you say that. A couple of my friends made the drive up from Florida and had pretty much the same reaction. If I hadn't dropped the coin to see MM, I would've gone too. :( Guess I'll have to wait until the next tour.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby President of Antarctica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I am indeed the man in the Norris shirt, although the day after that picture I cut my hair and shaved my face. Bad idea! Anyway, I've seen two other people in my life that I look almost exactly like, so yes, please send me this facebook link....

Now with more listens I can honestly say this is their most focused work and maybe perhaps there most powerful to date. I can see Funeral has some die-hard fans here and I totally understand that. But just listen here, to the conviction and the musicianship. I've been having those 'letting go of the past' phases in my life. The subject matter here is so personal and thoroughly thought out. I'm not sure if it is my favorite by these guys but it might be.

And yeah, Mouse is lazy. I suppose its okay. They did give us an EP and Arcade Fire gave us nothing between 2007 and now. I think after this tour Mouse will record and release a new album. I bet they record this winter and we have a new LP by late summer, early fall 2011.
President of Antarctica

Postby Gregg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:04 pm

MajinTrunkz wrote:Getting back to the topic of the Arcade Fire...

Where did you buy your tickets from, their website or Ticketmaster?

For the Vancouver show, the pre-sale on Ticketmaster starts tomorrow (It's usually easy to find a password) and then to the general public on Friday. But then this morning, with very short notice, their own website starts selling tickets early? Not even through a fan club or anything. I snagged some through their site, but don't feel like getting an email after it's sold out on Ticketmaster that there was a goof. It just seems a little strange.

Don't want this to turn into a MM2007 fiasco where the tickets bought from the band's website go missing.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby MajinTrunkz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm

They did that presale on their website without much warning for the earlier shows as well. I didn't get my tickets then (they sold out before I even knew about the presale), but from looking at the forums on arcadefire.net, I don't think anyone had any problems with missing tickets.
MajinTrunkz

Postby Gregg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Nice to see actual musicians won the Grammy award last night for album of the year. Congrats to the Arcade Fire, this was def my album of the year for 2010.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby MajinTrunkz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:29 am

I agree, they definitely deserved album of the year. You could tell they were surprised to win, as Win's first words when he got to the mic were "What the hell?!" Haha.

I'm trying my hardest to be able to afford going to Bonnaroo this year, so hopefully I'll get to see them again.
MajinTrunkz

Postby Leanne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 am

So I just got into Arcade Fire, I've always heard of them and just a couple songs. When they won the grammy the other night, I realized it was time for me to listen and they are great! I borrowed 'Funeral' from a friend of mine and went out and bought 'The Suburbs' over the weekend (yes, I downloaded it before buying). Now I need to get 'Neon Bible'.
Its fantastic they are still on an indie label, I hope they stay put.

I was on twitter when they announced they had won the grammy and I loved pitchfork's reaction:
Leanne

Previous

Return to Other Music