Tame Impala

Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're listening to.

Tame Impala

Postby Kdonlon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Always curious about what bands other MM fans are into (Obviously bands like Built To Spill and Pixies, etc. are probably very prevalent).

Tame Impala put out another record today, "Currents". Not sure if anyone likes this band, but their record "Lonerism" is absolute gold, and one amazing thing about this band is that one person plays all of the instrumentation (base, lead guitar, drums, synthesizers, etc.) and when they tour they become a full band. Very creative stuff, and the new record is another great one, IMO.. not as great as Lonerism, but totally worth buying.
Kdonlon

Re: Tame Impala

Postby innocentbystander » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:19 pm

IMO Currents is a lot better than Tame impala's other stuff (which I've sampled but never, admittedly, really gotten into.)

It reminds me of Random Access Memories - it's an incredibly engaging, coherent and yet varied effort from a group with incredible musical and production talent but whose past efforts have been, at least to my ears, unfocused and repetitive. Imo they're both albums that represent a band gelling into the best version of itself.
innocentbystander

Re: Tame Impala

Postby Leanne » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:52 am

I love Lonerism and haven't heard the new album. I will have to check it out. I saw them live a couple years ago, they were really good!
Leanne

Return to Other Music