GNFPWLBN song elimination: Round 2

What do the songs mean to you? Modest Mouse's lyrics and interpretations here.

Eliminate

Poll ended at Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:55 pm

The World at Large
No votes
Float On
10%
Ocean Breathes Salty
No votes
Bury Me with It
No votes
Dance Hall
43%
Bukowski
No votes
This Devil's Workday
14%
The View
No votes
Satin in a Coffin
No votes
Blame It on the Tetons
5%
Black Cadillacs
24%
The Good Times Are Killing Me
5%

Total votes : 21

GNFPWLBN song elimination: Round 2

Postby Gregg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Surprised to see what got eliminated first. Maybe due to the age of this album, I'm finding it hard for the first time to pick songs. It's only going to get harder after this album I think, for me at least.

The rules:

1. You are voting for the song you like / listen to the least on the album.
2. You have 48 hours to cast your vote for a song. You can change you vote at any point during those 48 hours.
3. In the event of a tie, there will be a special tie breaker round between those songs over 24 hours. In the event that the tie breaker round ends in a tie, we will just end the round as such.
4. In the final round you are voting for the song you like / listen to the most on the album.

Results:

13. One Chance
Gregg
Site Admin

Re: GNFPWLBN song elimination: Round 2

Postby Noelshi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 am

I realize trying to choose here that I actually like every song on this album. Huh. Never thought I did, but I guess that's the case. No idea what to pick, honestly!
Noelshi

Postby President of Antarctica » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 pm

This album is a masterpiece. Absolutely. Every song is fantastic! One Chance is great, wouldn't have been my first cast away.

I voted for what I suppose would be my least favorite, Dance Hall. I love its manic energy and Isaac's insane delivery but help up to the rest its at the bottom of this glorious barrel.

This is by far their most argued over record, the steadfast diving line, and I'm very interested to see how much opinions have changed over the last decade regarding how well it holds up.
President of Antarctica

Postby Shabs42 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:56 am

Noelshi wrote:I realize trying to choose here that I actually like every song on this album. Huh. Never thought I did, but I guess that's the case. No idea what to pick, honestly!

Same thought I had. I always thought it got a bit of a bad rap, but never realized how much I liked each individual song. Voted for One Chance last round, debating between Devil's Workday and Black Cadillacs for this one. Like those three, but not as much as the rest of the album. After that choices get a lot harder.
Shabs42

Return to Words & Music