WWDBTSES song elimination: Round 11

What do the songs mean to you? Modest Mouse's lyrics and interpretations here.

Eliminate

Poll ended at Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:48 am

March Into The Sea
23%
Parting Of The Sensory
9%
Little Motel
68%
Spitting Venom
No votes

Total votes : 22

WWDBTSES song elimination: Round 11

Postby Gregg » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 am

Down to the final four now. "People As Places As People" originally known as "People We Know", great song off this album for me. Wish Modest Mouse hadn't been so quick to abandon it live. It was there on WWD opening night, and within 4 months, after just 13 performances (maybe one more, we're missing the 2007/01/02 set from Brisbane), it pretty much got retired. Didn't even make the album release date.

Results:

5. People As Places As People
6. Invisible
7. Dashboard
8. Fly Trapped In A Jar
9. Missed The Boat
10. Florida
11. Education
12. Steam Engenius
13. We've Got Everything
14. Fire It Up

The rules:

1. You are voting for the song you like / listen to the least on the album.
2. You have 48 hours to cast your vote for a song. You can change you vote at any point during those 48 hours.
3. In the event of a tie, there will be a special tie breaker round between those songs over 24 hours. In the event that the tie breaker round ends in a tie, we will just end the round as such.
4. In the final round you are voting for the song you like / listen to the most on the album.
Gregg
Site Admin

Re: WWDBTSES song elimination: Round 11

Postby Shabs42 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Really looking forward to that final battle. Still not sure which way I'll be voting on it. March Into the Sea gets my vote here. Four great songs, and March makes a fantastic opening song, but it doesn't grab me like the other three do; especially Parting of the Sensory and Spitting Venom.
Shabs42

Return to Words & Music