This is an Introduction Topic!

New to Interstate-8.com, the Board or Modest Mouse in general? Introduce yourself here.

This is an Introduction Topic!

Postby Cubanwhip » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

And this is the first line of the topic!

Hey, been a long time reader of the forum. I had briefly joined the NOTS forums before it was closed down, and I was so distraught and torn apart, I didn't think I would ever be able to join another Modest Mouse forum. But alas, I built up the courage and joined this one. So hi guys and gals!

Simple enough, I'm Roberto, but you can call me by my username, it's all cool. I don't want to list inane stuff that no one really cares about, but I've been listening to the big MM for a bit now. Have a fair bit of stuff. All of their singles on vinyl and most of their LPs. I have all their CDs, minus some promos here and there. I have some pictures lying around. Too lazy to look. I'm in a band. Some people have compared some of the sound to Modest Mouse. It has some aesthetics that are similar, mainly when it comes to when I'm messing with harmonics and bending them, along with some shouted vocals. Though me and the band are aiming for a more noise rock, late eighties sound. Bringing back the good stuff.

See, I drivel on too much. You got to stop me.
And so the sun it rises in the east, setting your thoughts to rest in the west.
And you look and you look but you're blind in one eye with chocolate smiles to swallow your pride.
Cubanwhip

Re: This is an Introduction Topic!

Postby divegator » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi there. What's the name of your band? Myspace or bandcamp link? Do you ever play shows in Gainesville? I'd be willing to check you guys out if you do.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby Cubanwhip » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:19 am

We started up a little over a month ago. We have a handful of originals written and I have them all recorded and saved on my Itunes, the only thing is my bandmates want to wait until our bassist comes up from Tampa and records the songs with us to put them up online. But we should be getting there soon. We're really anxious to play shows and might just drive around Florida playing. I'll be sure to let you know if we swing by G-ville. :D
And you look and you look but you're blind in one eye with chocolate smiles to swallow your pride.
Cubanwhip

Postby divegator » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 am

Heh, you're a tease. :lol: Let me know when you guys get more done.
My heart is broke
but I have some glue.
Help me inhale
and mend it with you.
divegator

Postby Cubanwhip » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 am

It's actually my bandmates. I'm the one that keeps wanting to make a bandcamp and a Facebook page and stuff so we can start getting known and acquiring a fanbase. They just want to wait on more polished material and get a couple of live shows under our belt before we do anything. I feel the recorded material we have is pretty good. It's mainly the other guitarist who wants to at least get a solid 6 original songs recorded decently for an EP. I usually just email the songs to people who really want to hear them.
Cubanwhip

Return to Introductions & Welcomes