Long Drive/ Lonesome Crowded West Reissues?

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Long Drive/ Lonesome Crowded West Reissues?

Postby Q4inn » Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 am

Hey,
I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the reissues of Long Drive and Lonesome. I was under the impression that these two were next up to be reissued, and as I know, the masters have been lost for Lonesome but I assumed by now they would have worked something out. Anyway, if anyone has any info OR a copy of either of these records that they'd be willing to sell, via ebay or other means, I'd gladly appreciate a PM.
Thanks,
Quinn
Q4inn

Re: Long Drive/ Lonesome Crowded West Reissues?

Postby before2000 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=584

This thread has a lot of what you're looking for, although it hasn't been updated for sometime. I'm going to email Glacial Pace about what's been happening.
before2000

Postby Q4inn » Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks, yeah, I had read that thread before. However it doesn't really have any updated information about the releases.

Please keep me informed if you receive any information from Glacial.
Q4inn

Postby before2000 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 am

I sent the email two days ago, and I haven't gotten any response. I emailed them at Glacial Pace, but now I'm emailing them at Whiplash merch. I guess I except a response within two days.
before2000

Postby before2000 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

Here's the emails
Me- "Hi, I'm sorry if I'm one of so many people contacting GP about Modest Mouse and their current state, but I was curious about how far along the reissues are coming. A while back, someone contacted GP about the reissues and it seemed to be moving fast. I am just wondering where the reissues stand as of now, and what we could possibly see next. Actually, I'm curious if the reissues are still happening at all, with the slow movement of LCW and all. I'm also curious how they are doing with work on a new album? Any information would be great, even if you tell me that you cannot answer these questions."

GP- "Please always remember the name Isaac chose for his label - it was not an accident.

The good news is both LD and LCW are being mastered as we speak. How soon this will translate into a saleable product, I would not hazard a guess.

Simultaneously much work has been going into writing and recording new material for the next proper Modest Mouse release.

thanks for your continued interest. good times ahead.

/sean"

This was sent at 4:30am PST. It's awesome to get insight to the origins of their label name!
before2000

Postby MajinTrunkz » Fri May 04, 2012 6:08 am

Haha, I was totally going to reference the name of the label when I first saw this thread. It definitely fits. :D
MajinTrunkz

Postby goinunion » Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 am

Awesome to hear "much work" is going into their new stuff! As for the reissues...I just fear they'll mess with the original beauty of those albums, i.e. with noise fatigue.
goinunion

Postby before2000 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:56 am

I honestly think they know we love that. They might just be making it more stereo-phonic. Either way bands always find a way to make reissues sound amazing.
before2000

Postby Q4inn » Mon May 07, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks so much for that, really excited for the releases. As much as I'd like original copies of both albums, the current prices make them a bit... inaccessible.
Q4inn

Postby cvbaek » Fri May 03, 2013 11:48 am

Someone on the vinylcollective boards decided to share these great news the 17th April.

Hey dudes,
So I waiting a long ass time in the cold California night last night after the Pomona show to get some vinyl signed. After I got my record signed I asked Isaac Brock if we were going to get a Lonesome Crowded West reissue anytime soon. He told me that they have wanted to repress it for years but had not been able to locate the original masters, so they had to go back and remaster the entire thing completely from scratch. He said it was all done now and it should be OUT IN FOUR MONTHS.

Very exciting news, I hope this ends up being accurate. It was told to me by a very drunk and freshly tattooed Isaac Brock.

God I hope it's true, but honestly I'm a bit worried about how it's going to sound.
cvbaek

Postby dwnldths » Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 pm

I contacted GP on March 4 and received this reply:

We will be re issuing the title soon. We are still working on the production end.

Cheers
dwnldths

Postby DirtyFingernails » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 am

... and still waiting as we get into 2014 :D

I couldn't wait any longer, bit the bullet and dropped $220 on LD. I'll enjoy my ramen noodles for the next month while listening to LD - my personal MM fave.

LCW is touching on $400 now, no way I'll ever get there ... but after listening to LD in all it's analog beauty it is a little difficult to pop in the LCW cd.
Sadly snobby I know, but also sadly honest.
DirtyFingernails

Postby kastor » Sat May 10, 2014 10:22 pm

I got confirmation last night from Isaac and Jim that the old stuff is definitely being rereleased, and probably soon.
kastor

Postby SchizoidCasanova » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks, any kind of news on this is highly appreciated.
SchizoidCasanova

Postby greyiceywater » Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Pretty much every album's copyright has been renewed under the Glacial Place name this year (including Long Drive, LCW and BNOOS). I'm fairly confident Long Drive and BNOOS vinyl pressings will be done but I could have sworn the LCW masters were lost.
greyiceywater

Next

Return to News