next album?

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Re: next album?

Postby jplan74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm

yeah maybe ticket sales were a bigger part of it. they didn't cancel the US festival in August...

as someone who used to plan whole summers around live music, i can definitely feel for our European friends. ESPECIALLY with the tour set to start in a week! if Mouse was playing in NYC in 7 days I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl right now.

people are slamming them on Facebook. it was a bad move on their part but someone said it best over there..."its Isaac Brock, deal or learn to like a different band" lol
jplan74

Postby onewarmslime » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:26 pm

jplan74 wrote:yeah maybe ticket sales were a bigger part of it. they didn't cancel the US festival in August...

as someone who used to plan whole summers around live music, i can definitely feel for our European friends. ESPECIALLY with the tour set to start in a week! if Mouse was playing in NYC in 7 days I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl right now.

people are slamming them on Facebook. it was a bad move on their part but someone said it best over there..."its Isaac Brock, deal or learn to like a different band" lol

well most of the events were marked "sold out" on fb...
onewarmslime

Postby greyiceywater » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 am

This has to be close to done right? It looks like maybe next year is the year of new Mouse. Seven damn years.
greyiceywater

Postby President of Antarctica » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Its their lives, they can write when they want, blah blah blah, bullshit! They have next to no output in almost a decade, meanwhile...... DAVE GROHL! That is all I need to say! DAVE FUCKING GROHL! Modest Mouse are some lazy slow sum bitches. I love them but they are very lazy. They can write some great music, record stunning records, put on the greatest live show but this has been hell. I honestly can't believe they aren't more prolific. Even outside of the Mouse work, I know Mister Heavenly, and Isaac runs a label, I get all of that, but...... DAVE GROHL!

I want the new album :(
President of Antarctica

Postby howforgiving » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

President of Antarctica wrote:Its their lives, they can write when they want, blah blah blah, bullshit! They have next to no output in almost a decade, meanwhile...... DAVE GROHL! That is all I need to say! DAVE FUCKING GROHL! Modest Mouse are some lazy slow sum bitches. I love them but they are very lazy. They can write some great music, record stunning records, put on the greatest live show but this has been hell. I honestly can't believe they aren't more prolific. Even outside of the Mouse work, I know Mister Heavenly, and Isaac runs a label, I get all of that, but...... DAVE GROHL!

I want the new album :(

Well, shit...here I've been, admiring Isaac's work ethic without ever considering Dave Grohl! How narrow of me...
howforgiving

Postby jplan74 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 pm

i know i'm in the minority, and yes, i do want the new album sooner than later but i would be much happier if they were playing at least. not a full tour, i get that, but at least a few jaunts to the East Coast too.

though, their strategy is working because there is going to be a lot of heat around them when it finally comes out. look how fast the one-off shows are selling out.
jplan74

Postby Dani » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I want it... now!
Daydreaming Disaster
Dani

Postby EdisDead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 am

My hope is that they decide to release music. At this point, a coloring book would not suffice.
So it goes.
EdisDead

Postby Septembrist » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 pm

So nothing new has been announced about the album?
Septembrist

Postby JoToRoBo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm

I can only assume, hopefully without making an ass out of "u" and "me", that no news is good news in the form of a new album coming out soon.
JoToRoBo

Postby TheDaysGoSoSlow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:46 am

i wouldn't be surprised if this next album is their last -- or they didn't come out with another for many many years.
TheDaysGoSoSlow

Postby MikeDrummer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 am

Yea this will probably be their last release, unfortunately :/. Maybe YEARSSSSS down the line, but if that happens, it won't be the same...

By all I really hope for this new album is that the demo song from the "don't move here" video is on the album, because I love it.

Be Brave is an amazing song, btw.

...can't wait,for this album
MikeDrummer

Postby Eli Porter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm

damn..when mouse stops making music..

shiiii.

half my life / all my teen years were spent obsessing over this band.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sh0rty08?feature=mhsn here, i have a good amount of live MM videos uploaded.
Eli Porter

Postby jplan74 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:03 pm

personally i'd rather have some Mouse than none. If they want to put out an album every 5-7 years but tour sporadically in the interims, i can live with that. I dont think Isaac would know what to do with himself if he weren't making music in some capacity. though i do think Eric Judy retiring has affected his passion to keep going. who knows, maybe we'll get more UC

i'm in my late 30s and most of the bands i like are in this phase, from Phish to Modest Mouse. I'm worried Built to Spill will be the next one to slow down.
jplan74

Postby Dani » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Daydreaming Disaster
Dani

PreviousNext

Return to News