next album?

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Re: next album?

Postby Gregg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:17 am

Where are you seeing that the tour has been cancelled?

The static animation could be good news, as the site may be getting a giant overhaul.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby Brundog » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 am

Noticed a comment on MM's facebook page first. Nothing official of course but...

https://www.facebook.com/ROCKCITYNOTTINGHAM
Unfortunately the upcoming Modest Mouse show is now been canceled.
Here is a statement from the band.

Modest Mouse:
"After much thought, we have decided to cancel our EU/UK tour to continue work on our forthcoming album. We do appreciate our fans and promise that we will make it up to you next year.

Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.

We look forward to sharing our new music with the world next year."
Brundog

Postby Gregg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

Hmm, strange. But this also happened just before WWD came out. That was a much smaller tour though and a lot of these upcoming dates are festivals. This is going to make them popular with the organizers. Hopefully we get more word soon.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby greyiceywater » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 am

I assume the static animation is intentional. Wonder what it means.
greyiceywater

Postby Gregg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 am

Could be, could also just be something broken. There's a comment in the code: <!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed! -->

The rest of the site is still there if you follow the old URLs.

After more digging in the visible source. The static is not part of an error and was uploaded this month. So I would say we're looking at a site over haul.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby Idioteque » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 am

Gregg wrote:Could be, could also just be something broken. There's a comment in the code: <!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed! -->

The rest of the site is still there if you follow the old URLs.

I dug up an archive of the site from two days ago, that comment was still in the code.
http://web.archive.org/web/20130515000000*/http://modestmouse.com
Idioteque

Postby Gregg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah, it was probably always there. Def think the site is receiving an update now.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby TinyLaugh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 am

Oh dear... This is so weird.
i am doing the best that i can
TinyLaugh

Postby jplan74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:46 am

yeah as a former musician i can say cancelling a whole tour is generally bad. i just put on the '99 bowery show in homage and am going to hope everything's ok. though, if something serious happened with a band member, i doubt they'd think to put the static up. so thats something.
jplan74

Postby jplan74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 am

then again, we love this band because we don't like conventional music. so perhaps we just need to trust IB and see what happens, after all, this band has already brought us M&A, LCW, Long Drive, etc. i also smell something up his sleeve.
jplan74

Postby jplan74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 am

my girl writes code and has worked for big companies. she's a phishy but i got her to investigate for me and she said nothing is broken on the site, they're doing this on purpose.
jplan74

Postby greyiceywater » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 pm

I don't think anything bad has happened to cause the tour cancellation. In the statement (weird they didn't post it officially), it says they are going to spend time on the new album. So I assume that's what they will do. What blows my mind is that it sounded like they weren't going to release it until next year unless they were referring to touring internationally.

Also, there is no reason to put static up if they are simply doing a redesign of the site. My optimistic mind tells me that there will be concrete album details once the static is gone. My pessimistic mind tells me that the web designer is just fucking with people.
greyiceywater

Postby Gregg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:46 pm

The static is gone, and the site is back with the same statement that was sent to Rock Hall.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby komai » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Cancelling the tour just about one week before it was about to start? Really? They didn't know that they're working on an album? Fuck that! I'm sure ticket sales weren't going too well because it's Europe and there needs to be some promotion if you wanna sell some tickets. So now they're just pulling out? It's very frustrating being a fan of this band and living in Europe..

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the new album and the fact they're working on it, but holy shit, I'm just so pissed off right now.
komai

Postby Cowboy_Dan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Ouch... I was looking forward to more streams and such. Sorry to the Europe fans, I would be so upset.
Cowboy_Dan

PreviousNext

Return to News