next album?

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Re: next album?

Postby mm_2108 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Seems like news to me. Hopefully they are mastering something together!
mm_2108

Postby Eli Porter » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:23 pm

hell yeah. inspiring news to me!
http://www.youtube.com/user/sh0rty08?feature=mhsn here, i have a good amount of live MM videos uploaded.
Eli Porter

Postby goinunion » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am

I'm going to be overly optimistic and say, they wouldn't be taking what looks like a celebratory picture at the beginning of mastering...
goinunion

Postby Eli Porter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:58 am

goinunion wrote:I'm going to be overly optimistic and say, they wouldn't be taking what looks like a celebratory picture at the beginning of mastering...

I was thinking the same thing...

also, I'll read into it even more than we should, and say that Isaac is happy about the outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sh0rty08?feature=mhsn here, i have a good amount of live MM videos uploaded.
Eli Porter

Postby greyiceywater » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Well, either way mastering is the shortest part of an album's process so it's good news. I'm going to be optimistic and say that a summer release is looking good.
greyiceywater

Postby Gregg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:47 pm

If I'm reading a lot into this (and I am, because I am not 100% on the whole recording process), but I think this record is going to be a surprise announcement. If it's being mastered, as greyiceywater says, it's a short part of the process, from here I presume it goes on to be mass produced.

I'm thinking that this album is going to be announced with a very short release date. Which seems to be more and more common now days with indie bands. Pointing to a release date 6 months away is over. It's done, get it out.

I've been thinking that this also may be related to them supposedly no longer being with Epic. If they're 100% on Glacial Pace now, there's prob no huge promotion machine behind it, it's a small group of people getting shit done.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby greyiceywater » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 am

Their Facebook still says Epic and their on the Epic roster still over at the label's website.
greyiceywater

Postby Gregg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah, I won't dispute that (I'm by no means an expert), but the discussion round the web for the last few years has been included that:
- Their contract was up after WWD/NOFAYN.
- They're listed on Glacial Pace's artist roster and Glacial Pace is no longer connected to Epic, it's now completely independent
- Modestmousemusic.com no longer points to an Epic mini site, but to Modestmouse.com

Epic may just keep them up because they can (or they still have albums in print under them), it doesn't seem active though, they don't list tour dates for example.

Oh anyway, I actually forgot, the point on my "theory" from yesterday is that, I think we might get this album before they hit the stage in May. But we've all learnt not to theorize right? :D
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby LongDriveInAcar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:07 am

An album before may would be awesome, but i would have to learn all the lyrics before they play :( lol
LongDriveInAcar

Postby atno000 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Is it expecting a lot to assume those new live dates are in support of the album?

It might even be a late-spring release.
atno000

Postby greyiceywater » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:19 am

Those dates are only festivals though. So maybe the beginning of a tour for a new album. If they were playing dates before the end of May they would probably be posted already.
greyiceywater

Postby Radek » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks like they're still recording..

"They were doing a recording there for like the last 2 years I guess, or year-and-a-half. And they are finishing it up and they left their stuff there. And consequently, I got to use some of their equipment, guitars and guitar pedals, and Isaac actually stopped by one day, and that was very cool. And the bass player was hanging out working on other stuff."

http://oregonmusicnews.com/2014/04/11/q ... easy-boys/
Radek

Postby monkey2000 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Not much new to learn here here, but Big Boi commented on his collab with MM again: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... bum-697597

One of these collaborations has been between the rapper and Modest Mouse, but the three songs the indie rock act recorded with Big Boi at Stankonia a few years back haven’t yet seen the light of day. “I’ve been asking [lead singer] Isaac [Brock] when they gonna do it, man,” Big Boi said. “We’ve got these songs they’ve been sitting on forever. I saw him a couple months ago and they’re working on some additions to what we did. I don’t know. It’s a crazy camp over there. It’s coming. Talk to him! He’s the boss.”
monkey2000

Postby goinunion » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Radek wrote:Looks like they're still recording..

"They were doing a recording there for like the last 2 years I guess, or year-and-a-half. And they are finishing it up and they left their stuff there. And consequently, I got to use some of their equipment, guitars and guitar pedals, and Isaac actually stopped by one day, and that was very cool. And the bass player was hanging out working on other stuff."

http://oregonmusicnews.com/2014/04/11/q ... easy-boys/

WHO IS "BASS PLAYER"
goinunion

Postby Gregg » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Probably Russell Higbee.
Gregg
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News