BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Mishaps=SinkingShips » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Idioteque wrote:Sadly no, the guy I spoke with said that's for the European copies only. The US ones are standard black. :(

I still don't think those colors make any sense, lol :?:
Mishaps=SinkingShips

Postby Quail126 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 am

Mishaps=SinkingShips wrote:
Idioteque wrote:Sadly no, the guy I spoke with said that's for the European copies only. The US ones are standard black. :(

I still don't think those colors make any sense, lol :?:

i was expecting I8 to be orange and BNOOS to be blue or green
Quail126

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Is there a way to order through European distributors? I'm sure it'll be pricey as fuck but after seeing the LCW colored vinyls I need a few for myself! Also does anyone know how many lcw were pressed with colors vinyl?
Luke

Postby Idioteque » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:42 pm

Luke wrote:Is there a way to order through European distributors? I'm sure it'll be pricey as fuck but after seeing the LCW colored vinyls I need a few for myself! Also does anyone know how many lcw were pressed with colors vinyl?

Pre-orders of the European copies can be found here:
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/M ... 02504.html
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/M ... 02503.html

LCW pressing info:
300 unmarked copies on White/Sea Blue and White/Bronze 180g vinyl (EU copies and very few Fat Possum orders).
1000 unmarked copies on White/Purple and Cyan Blue/White 180g vinyl (US copies sold by Newbury Comics).
Unknown amount of unmarked copies on Clear Red and Clear Green 180g vinyl (US copies sold by FYE and goHastings).
Idioteque

Postby Zack_of_Steel » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:06 am

Did I miss the boat or have they not started pre-orders for the vinyl?
Zack_of_Steel

Postby innocentbystander » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 am

I'm still not really sure why you'd want Interstate 8 on vinyl at all. Except for Edit The Sad Parts, all the tracks on side A are on Building Nothing Out of Something or Long Drive, and all the tracks on side B are so incredibly poorly recorded that I wouldn't play them on any speakers good enough to get connected to a record player. It doesn't even have historical value, because it wasn't ever issued as an LP anyways. I will probably buy the reissued Building Nothing, but an Interstate 8 LP would just take up space on my shelf.

If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD and then put out Edit The Sad Parts / A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy on a limited 7". I'd definitely buy that.
innocentbystander

Postby Idioteque » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:45 am

innocentbystander wrote:If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD

They are, you can buy it from GP for $14:
http://store.glacialpace.com/products/m ... terstate-8
Idioteque

Postby EdisDead » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:17 pm

A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.
So it goes.
EdisDead

Postby Mishaps=SinkingShips » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 pm

innocentbystander wrote:I'm still not really sure why you'd want Interstate 8 on vinyl at all. Except for Edit The Sad Parts, all the tracks on side A are on Building Nothing Out of Something or Long Drive, and all the tracks on side B are so incredibly poorly recorded that I wouldn't play them on any speakers good enough to get connected to a record player. It doesn't even have historical value, because it wasn't ever issued as an LP anyways. I will probably buy the reissued Building Nothing, but an Interstate 8 LP would just take up space on my shelf.

If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD and then put out Edit The Sad Parts / A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy on a limited 7". I'd definitely buy that.

I can tell you're not a serious collector. :roll:
Mishaps=SinkingShips

Postby Idioteque » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 pm

EdisDead wrote:A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.

That's what the UK version is listed as for most websites, they're probably the same variant. LD and LCW had limited colored copies sold in the US that the UK got more of.
Idioteque

Postby schuno » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Idioteque wrote:
EdisDead wrote:A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

That's what the UK version is listed as for most websites, they're probably the same variant. LD and LCW had limited colored copies sold in the US that the UK got more of.

The Newbury Comics near my house had a special colored variant of LCW and LD, I wonder if they'll have these also :o
schuno

Postby Idioteque » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:38 pm

schuno wrote:
Idioteque wrote:

The Newbury Comics near my house had a special colored variant of LCW and LD, I wonder if they'll have these also :o

Newbury has said they're not doing limited versions of I8 and BNOOS, I was talking about the UK colored versions of LD and LCW. Fat Possum shipped a few colored UK copies to US buyers, along with some others to stores.
Idioteque

Postby EdisDead » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:47 pm

^Cool - makes sense that Fat Possum would hold onto a few copies for US stores. Thanks for the heads up.
So it goes.
EdisDead

Postby plasticforks » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 am

Anyone have links to other European sites with the colored vinyl besides Picadilly? The BNOOS pre-order is sold out.
plasticforks

Postby Quail126 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:09 am

plasticforks wrote:Anyone have links to other European sites with the colored vinyl besides Picadilly? The BNOOS pre-order is sold out.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.js ... dest+mouse
Quail126

PreviousNext

Return to News