BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Mishaps=SinkingShips » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Idioteque wrote:Sadly no, the guy I spoke with said that's for the European copies only. The US ones are standard black. :(


I still don't think those colors make any sense, lol :?:
User avatar
Mishaps=SinkingShips
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 am
Location: Farmville, Virginia

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Quail126 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 am

Mishaps=SinkingShips wrote:
Idioteque wrote:Sadly no, the guy I spoke with said that's for the European copies only. The US ones are standard black. :(


I still don't think those colors make any sense, lol :?:

i was expecting I8 to be orange and BNOOS to be blue or green
Quail126
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 am
Location: Kingston, WA

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Is there a way to order through European distributors? I'm sure it'll be pricey as fuck but after seeing the LCW colored vinyls I need a few for myself! Also does anyone know how many lcw were pressed with colors vinyl?
Luke
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Idioteque » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:42 pm

Luke wrote:Is there a way to order through European distributors? I'm sure it'll be pricey as fuck but after seeing the LCW colored vinyls I need a few for myself! Also does anyone know how many lcw were pressed with colors vinyl?


Pre-orders of the European copies can be found here:
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/M ... 02504.html
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/M ... 02503.html

LCW pressing info:
300 unmarked copies on White/Sea Blue and White/Bronze 180g vinyl (EU copies and very few Fat Possum orders).
1000 unmarked copies on White/Purple and Cyan Blue/White 180g vinyl (US copies sold by Newbury Comics).
Unknown amount of unmarked copies on Clear Red and Clear Green 180g vinyl (US copies sold by FYE and goHastings).
User avatar
Idioteque
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Zack_of_Steel » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:06 am



Did I miss the boat or have they not started pre-orders for the vinyl?
User avatar
Zack_of_Steel
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: Kearney, Nebraska

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby innocentbystander » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 am

I'm still not really sure why you'd want Interstate 8 on vinyl at all. Except for Edit The Sad Parts, all the tracks on side A are on Building Nothing Out of Something or Long Drive, and all the tracks on side B are so incredibly poorly recorded that I wouldn't play them on any speakers good enough to get connected to a record player. It doesn't even have historical value, because it wasn't ever issued as an LP anyways. I will probably buy the reissued Building Nothing, but an Interstate 8 LP would just take up space on my shelf.

If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD and then put out Edit The Sad Parts / A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy on a limited 7". I'd definitely buy that.
User avatar
innocentbystander
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: At the Dial-A-View

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Idioteque » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:45 am

innocentbystander wrote:If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD


They are, you can buy it from GP for $14:
http://store.glacialpace.com/products/m ... terstate-8
User avatar
Idioteque
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby EdisDead » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:17 pm

A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.
So it goes.
User avatar
EdisDead
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: Stevens Point, WI

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Mishaps=SinkingShips » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 pm

innocentbystander wrote:I'm still not really sure why you'd want Interstate 8 on vinyl at all. Except for Edit The Sad Parts, all the tracks on side A are on Building Nothing Out of Something or Long Drive, and all the tracks on side B are so incredibly poorly recorded that I wouldn't play them on any speakers good enough to get connected to a record player. It doesn't even have historical value, because it wasn't ever issued as an LP anyways. I will probably buy the reissued Building Nothing, but an Interstate 8 LP would just take up space on my shelf.

If I were them, I'd issue Interstate 8 on CD and then put out Edit The Sad Parts / A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy on a limited 7". I'd definitely buy that.


I can tell you're not a serious collector. :roll:
User avatar
Mishaps=SinkingShips
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 am
Location: Farmville, Virginia

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Idioteque » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 pm

EdisDead wrote:A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.

That's what the UK version is listed as for most websites, they're probably the same variant. LD and LCW had limited colored copies sold in the US that the UK got more of.
User avatar
Idioteque
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby schuno » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Idioteque wrote:
EdisDead wrote:A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.

That's what the UK version is listed as for most websites, they're probably the same variant. LD and LCW had limited colored copies sold in the US that the UK got more of.


The Newbury Comics near my house had a special colored variant of LCW and LD, I wonder if they'll have these also :o
User avatar
schuno
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Idioteque » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:38 pm

schuno wrote:
Idioteque wrote:
EdisDead wrote:A friend of mine runs a record store out of central Wisconsin and he just received order sheets from his distributor that offer both Interstate-8 and Building Nothing Out of Something on standard 180 gram black as well as "Independent Only" limited vinyl.

He was able to order a handful, so I'm guessing that for RSD some color variation or bonus item set will be available in the US as well.

That's what the UK version is listed as for most websites, they're probably the same variant. LD and LCW had limited colored copies sold in the US that the UK got more of.


The Newbury Comics near my house had a special colored variant of LCW and LD, I wonder if they'll have these also :o

Newbury has said they're not doing limited versions of I8 and BNOOS, I was talking about the UK colored versions of LD and LCW. Fat Possum shipped a few colored UK copies to US buyers, along with some others to stores.
User avatar
Idioteque
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby EdisDead » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:47 pm

^Cool - makes sense that Fat Possum would hold onto a few copies for US stores. Thanks for the heads up.
So it goes.
User avatar
EdisDead
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: Stevens Point, WI

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby plasticforks » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 am

Anyone have links to other European sites with the colored vinyl besides Picadilly? The BNOOS pre-order is sold out.
User avatar
plasticforks
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul

Re: BNOoS and I8 reissue pre-orders are now available!

Postby Quail126 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:09 am

plasticforks wrote:Anyone have links to other European sites with the colored vinyl besides Picadilly? The BNOOS pre-order is sold out.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.js ... dest+mouse
Quail126
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 am
Location: Kingston, WA

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron