On to The Golden Casket Vol. II

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

On to The Golden Casket Vol. II

Postby McWeird007 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:55 am

Now that Strangers is out, lets review songs that might be on the next one shall we?

I'm talking about the various song teasers that they have put before older songs such as:
I've Been Too Busy To Take Your Calls
This one (can't make out any lyrics)
Poison The Well (We already know this one though)

There was a few more I'm too lazy to dig up right now, and I'm sure there has been more that haven't been recorded at all and just went over people's heads.

Anyone else ready to hear Part 2 of this Golden Casket series?
"I like the saline tea, but it's true that the moon can pull it back and forth away from me"
McWeird007

Re: On to The Golden Casket Vol. II

Postby Luke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:43 am

Honestly I feel like I'm just starting to absorb STO, each listen I'm taking something new away from it and I've hardly listened to anything else recently. I really want to see these songs performed live before I even start to think about the next album. That being said, I'm super stoked they are releasing something so quickly... I just need some more time with what's been released.
Luke

Postby innocentbystander » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:12 pm

innocentbystander

Postby Funkpolice911 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:01 pm

I love how he says he had a plan in this interview but in all the other ones he's just like, 'We wrote a bunch of songs!'
Funkpolice911

Postby horriblezone » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:40 pm

innocentbystander wrote:It's coming out in 2016.

http://www.hotpress.com/Modest-Mouse/ne ... 13439.html

new Modest Mouse album Whabever confirmed for 2016 release
horriblezone

Postby goinunion » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 am

Funkpolice911 wrote:I love how he says he had a plan in this interview but in all the other ones he's just like, 'We wrote a bunch of songs!'

I've thought all along he's just fucking with interviewers. Sometimes he says Eric left the band for family reasons, other times he says they aren't on speaking terms implying a falling out. Sometimes he says he has a plan, sometimes, not.
goinunion

Postby Funkpolice911 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 am

goinunion wrote:
Funkpolice911 wrote:I love how he says he had a plan in this interview but in all the other ones he's just like, 'We wrote a bunch of songs!'

I've thought all along he's just fucking with interviewers. Sometimes he says Eric left the band for family reasons, other times he says they aren't on speaking terms implying a falling out. Sometimes he says he has a plan, sometimes, not.

My favorite so far has been the CBS interview.
Q:'what have you been doing the last eight years'
A:'going to forest to look at mushrooms'
Funkpolice911

Postby MajinTrunkz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:42 am

horriblezone wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:It's coming out in 2016.

http://www.hotpress.com/Modest-Mouse/ne ... 13439.html

new Modest Mouse album Whabever confirmed for 2016 release

I honestly love this idea and I really hope it happens.
MajinTrunkz

Postby innocentbystander » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 pm

innocentbystander

Postby President of Antarctica » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:45 am

The Daily Beast article is great, probably my favorite piece on the band and Isaac since Strangers was announced. So many amazing insights and thoughts regarding Mouse and its incredible front man. I'm glad Isaac cares, the music shows that. And he is the kind of person that would quit if he didn't give a shit. Especially at this point in his life it seems. If this double album is the last thing they ever do then fans can bask in the glory of what is surely one of the most perfectly stunning discographies is music history. And what the author said, the songs he got to hear on the bus with Ike staring a hole through him, studying him, he called them "heavier "... I wonder what that means. Heavier as in harder? Heavier in emotion or message? Heavier in conviction or confession? I'm already excited and waiting anxiously for The Golden Casket Vol. 2! I just really hope it isn't called Whabever....
President of Antarctica

Postby karmaiseatingyou » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:34 pm

When i first read of "whabever" I thought that this was it, Isaac has finally lost it. No, it really is hilarious and it is growing on me everytime i think about it....whabever....
karmaiseatingyou

Return to News