Isaac interview to be posted

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

Isaac interview to be posted

Postby Leanne » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 pm

I found this last night on twitter. Glad I got an answer as to when its going to be posted.

And here's the picture:

So we will have to look out for that March 17th!
Leanne

Re: Isaac interview to be posted

Postby innocentbystander » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:32 pm

He looks exactly like I would expect Isaac to look throughout a Buzzfeed interview: haggard, annoyed, and surrounded by empty beer bottles.
innocentbystander

Postby monkey2000 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 pm

innocentbystander wrote:He looks exactly like I would expect Isaac to look throughout a Buzzfeed interview: haggard, annoyed, and surrounded by empty beer bottles.

Ouch. Maybe they'll throw together some lists too? 27 times Modest Mouse was on fleek?
monkey2000

Postby plasticforks » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 am

Was this Buzzfeed interview ever published? I can't find it, and I consider myself a pretty good Google'r.
plasticforks

Postby Luke » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Yeah I don't think it was, did a good bit of searching myself. Wonder if Isaac gave him a 12 hour shit interview :lol:
Luke

Postby innocentbystander » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jonathanvalania ... han-a-myth

Edit: this might be the most complete Modest Mouse interview/article I've ever read.
innocentbystander

Postby plasticforks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks, innocentbystander!

Edit: I wasn't sure where to put this, so here it goes.

Jay Z's new lossless music streaming service launched today complete with a blog featuring interviews with artists, album reviews and retrospectives. Among them, a Modest Mouse album/compilation roundup: http://read.tidal.com/article/gravity-rides-everything-an-appreciation-modest-mouse/

Edit 2: Please stop using outdated press photos, press. Though maybe we should give him a break since it's from a historical perspective.
plasticforks

Postby Gregg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:08 am

So I've been wondering from the tv performance videos who the guy to the left of Davey is and if he's a permanent fixture. Guess that's Ben Massarella and he's part of the touring lineup, as per this article. People that have been to recent shows, is he on stage all the time?
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby MajinTrunkz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:18 am

The Buzzfeed article is great, definitely one of the best interviews with Isaac I've ever read. I like how the interviewer even took the time to meet up with his mom, which I'm pretty sure is a first. Also a bit sad to see what Eric had to say about not wanting to be interviewed, but I guess you can't really blame the guy. Hopefully distancing himself from the band helps him get his life situated where he needs to be.
MajinTrunkz

Postby NovocainHurricane » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:50 am

That was an excellent interview. Very well written and thorough with great interviews all around. And that Isaac Brock baby picture was damned adorable. I was completely enthralled with it all the way up until the end when I read "Next on Buzzfeed Music: Which Shania Twain Song Are You?" Fuckin Buzzfeed :roll:
Heavier than Moses.
NovocainHurricane

Postby schuno » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Gregg wrote:So I've been wondering from the tv performance videos who the guy to the left of Davey is and if he's a permanent fixture. Guess that's Ben Massarella and he's part of the touring lineup, as per this article. People that have been to recent shows, is he on stage all the time?

I don't remember seeing him during the show at the webster, but another woman came out and played strings with Lisa during Devil's Workday - I had never seen her before.
schuno

Postby Leanne » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:47 am

Yes this is a great interview. I wasn't aware that Krist had actually auditioned to replace Eric, I thought he just played on a couple of tracks. Even though Eric changed his mind about being interviewed, I'm glad they got a statement from him. And its pretty cool they interviewed Isaac's Mom, I wasn't expecting that!
Leanne

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 am

"In 2002, while driving through Lane County in southern Oregon, Brock blacked out behind the wheel while huffing nitrous oxide and crashed his van into the center median. “What can I say? I make poor decisions,” he says with a shrug."

Hahahaha jesus christ, ya don't say, Isaac. I can't think of a worse drug to use while driving.
Luke

Return to News