podcast interview with jeremiah

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

podcast interview with jeremiah

Postby michelle » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:39 pm

This is pretty cool, it's about an hour long. He talks about when they first started playing together, when he left the band, why Eric left and so on.
http://theshitshowwjaybo.podomatic.com/entry/2015-01-27T23_09_23-08_00
michelle

Re: podcast interview with jeremiah

Postby President of Antarctica » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Great podcast. Lots of info. I think we should expect an EP in the future based on Jeremy saying they have B-sides. Thanks for the post!
President of Antarctica

Postby McWeird007 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

The fact that they've rerecorded songs makes me hope they release a deluxe version with these alternate versions as like a bonus disc!
"I like the saline tea, but it's true that the moon can pull it back and forth away from me"
McWeird007

Postby monkey2000 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm curious what Big Boi's role in the recording sessions ended up being. It's hard to hear Jeremiah at times, but it sounds like they were looking to do something more collaborative while Big Boi just wanted to produce the record. We know MM worked on Coyotes with Big Boi but apparently the stuff they did with him isn't even on the record, so maybe they re-recorded the song later on in Portland and that's the version we got?
monkey2000

Postby Gregg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 am

monkey2000 wrote:I'm curious what Big Boi's role in the recording sessions ended up being. It's hard to hear Jeremiah at times, but it sounds like they were looking to do something more collaborative while Big Boi just wanted to produce the record. We know MM worked on Coyotes with Big Boi but apparently the stuff they did with him isn't even on the record, so maybe they re-recorded the song later on in Portland and that's the version we got?

Yeah, it sounds like Big Boi was there just to produce / all he wanted to do was produce, but I guess it wasn't working out for them. Then they went through like 3 production teams, I guess each time, packing up all the songs and starting again.

There are probably 3-4 versions of most songs in demo form, each with different production values. If Big Boi worked on Coyotes, the version we've heard is not that one.
Gregg
Site Admin

Postby ScapeGoat94 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 pm

I believe he mentioned Lampshades being first recorded with Big Boi which would have totally fit with that song, wonder what it sounded like. Isaac also changed the lyrics since the debut and some guitar parts, maybe that's why they kept re-recording.
ScapeGoat94

Return to News