In the passenger seat of Isaacs car...

Modest Mouse news & rumors.

In the passenger seat of Isaacs car...

Postby AEIOU(y) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Well, back in September i was in Portland, and I walked up to Isaacs house and saw in his car a CD that had handwritten on it: "MM JM 9-7-14" and I was like WOW!
the MM is obvious for modest mouse but I kept wondering about JM. I came to realize the other day and i'm pretty sure i'm correct that the JM is for James Mercer. What do you guys think?
If so, this is really exciting!
Also, I totally met Isaac that week because i walked up to his house again and he was sitting on his porch. That is a whole nother story and holy shit, i was so psyched. We talked for like ten minutes or so on his porch and i continued to leave notes for him that week.
Just thought this piece of news was interesting!
am i really all the things that are outside of me?
AEIOU(y)

Re: In the passenger seat of Isaacs car...

Postby greyiceywater » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 am

That's really creepy that you're just walking up to his house all the time
greyiceywater

Postby calculusman1084 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 am

I gotta agree with the above post. While your intentions, im sure were innocent, that statement you made came off as pretty stalker-ish. I mean, talking to a musician after a show at a meet and greet is one thing. but staking out their house out and leaving notes is a little too much. Regardless, glad you had an interesting experience, just try not to spook someone you admire...
calculusman1084

Postby AEIOU(y) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 am

I know hahaa I know, theres a weird line between whats ok and whats not in that situation. I was there to gauge the situation myself though and I talked with him for a while. He invited me to come back and knock on his door to talk as well. I was sitting in the park wearing MM t shirt and someone said to me "You know that guy lives literally right there!" and i walked down the street and he was sitting there on the porch! I didnt mean to creep him out and I dont think i did. It kind of puts both of us in a weird situation. It was really cool meeting him though!!
am i really all the things that are outside of me?
AEIOU(y)

Return to News